I need to knit 31 of wedges to make the top portion of the shawl. Each wedge calls for 3 wrap-and-turns...ugh! I'm trying the Japanese short row method for the next couple of wedges to see whether I like they way they look. I've done one so far and it's a little better than W&T, but a bit fiddly.
WIP Roll Call
WIPs in rotation:
Mediterranean Mermaid (cross stitch):
Working on the back stitching.
- Jacques Cousteau hat for the Husband [Ravelry]
Knitted 2.25 of 10 inches
- Rockefeller Moon shawl [Ravelry]
Working on the top section
- Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
- Carbonized Zombie socks [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Hive cross stitch
- Love Scissor fob (cross stitch)
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Seaweed Cardigan (knitting) [Ravelry]
- A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
I need to wait until after Stitches West to start this project. I need to keep my loom empty for class.
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.
Leave a comment on my 1/6/14 post by Midnight PST, Monday 1/20/14.
We'll draw the winner's name out of a hat on Tuesday, 1/21/14.
The prize: 1 skein of Socks That Rock Lightweight in Fleur de couleur.