Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday...

...in which I unveil the latest WIP, the Rockefeller shawl. Here's what I've knit so far:

Rockefeller Moon shawl

I need to knit 31 of wedges to make the top portion of the shawl. Each wedge calls for 3 wrap-and-turns...ugh! I'm trying the Japanese short row method for the next couple of wedges to see whether I like they way they look. I've done one so far and it's a little better than W&T, but a bit fiddly.

WIP Roll Call
WIPs in rotation:

  1. Mediterranean Mermaid (cross stitch):
    Working on the back stitching.
  2. Jacques Cousteau hat for the Husband [Ravelry]
    Knitted 2.25 of 10 inches
  3. Rockefeller Moon shawl  [Ravelry]
    Working on the top section
Waiting to be rotated in:
  1. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
  2. Carbonized Zombie socks [Ravelry]
  3. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  5. Hive cross stitch
  6. Love Scissor fob (cross stitch)
Hibernating:
  1. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  4. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting) [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  • A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
    I need to wait until after Stitches West to start this project. I need to keep my loom empty for class.
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.



CONTEST REMINDER!!
Leave a comment on my 1/6/14 post by Midnight PST, Monday 1/20/14.

We'll draw the winner's name out of a hat on Tuesday, 1/21/14.

The prize: 1 skein of Socks That Rock Lightweight in Fleur de couleur.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...