So what have I been working on since March? This is "The Hawaiian Shirt Off Your Back":
and the label:
Machine pieced and quilted
The quilt was commission by my boss' wife. She provided 10 of her husband's Hawaiian shirts to use as the fabric and requested a lap-sized quilt. Because the shirts didn't have a lot of color, I supplemented them with Hawaiian yardage. Both the borders and the binding are batiks. The backing fabric is a cotton surfboard fabric from Dean Miller.
And stealth project #2...I had a lot of fabric left from the shirts and didn't want to waste it. My boss has a small dog that he calls "little dog". So I made a doggie pillow out of the same shirt fabrics. This is "...And Your Little Dog, Too":
and the reverse:
and the label:
It is a two-sided quilted pillow cover with a zipper. The blocks are leftover Hawaiian shirt fabric used in the commissioned quilt. I used the same green batik fabric for the border and used the Dean Miller surfboard fabric for the inside. I made a custom, removable pillow insert.
I am very happy with how they turned out and my client seems happy. Yay!
Now I had to look at the WIPs that have been on hold for the last month and prioritize what to finish before December.
WIP Roll Call:
- Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
Working on row 45 of 62.
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Calypso handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Empress handspun [Ravelry]
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- No-Noro Hat for Halos of Hope (knitting)
- Sail (cross stitch)
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)\
- Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.