Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday, Monday...

Weekends just fly by. Before you know it, you're back to work and wondering where the weekend went...

Super Bowl Sundays are usually shopping days for me. I don't like football (or most sports, for that matter), so I take the opportunity to go to shop when there are few people in the stores.

I hit the Super, SUPER Yarn Sunday Sale at Purlescence and picked up some cashmere yarn and a few other goodies. I also petted the Blue Moon yarns, but managed to resist buying any this time around.

The husband and I went mattress shopping and found a set we both liked. Our old set is way past its prime and overdue for replacement. I'm hoping this new set will eliminate the lower back aches that have been waking me up every night.

I finished the red hat for our daughter. It seems appropriate that I finished it yesterday -- her birthday. Here it is on my favorite model, Teddy:


Put on Your Red Hat
The "full" view:

Red Hat
The Specs:
Finished: 2/4/2007
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft yarn in Red; worsted weight
Needles: Size 10.5 US
Pattern: Yarn doubled; cast on 60; 4 inches of k2 p2 ribbing; stockinette; based on Cold Weather Hat

After I finished the hat, I immediately started a pair of Voodoo wrist warmers in RYC's Luxury Cotton. I'm going to make them in the larger size and a bit longer than the pattern calls for...we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...