Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing day...

...do they call it that because there are boxes everywhere? (LOL!) Of course, the gifts that came out of the boxes were well worth it!

I do have to give props to the Daughter and Husband as they flattened out the boxes and folded up the gift bags so we could store them more easily. Still, it's hardly "picked up" around here.

After a little trip to Sears this morning to buy a dryer (did I mention that our dryer died last week?), I spent most of the day trying to get my sewing room back in order. It tends to be the place where everything lands when we have company, plus it never really got back together after the windows were replaced. I managed to get all the books back on the shelves and re-fill the armoire. Since I lost one bookshelf, I had to do some major rearranging and a little stash purging.

I went through a bunch of yarn and put aside all of my Lionbrand Homespun yarn (about 30 skeins). Since I won't be knitting any more afghans for a while, I want to find a local charity knitting group who can use this yarn. I'd much rather have someone use for good than sell it.

Tomorrow, the dryer gets delivered and I can do laundry. Hooray! (I know, I get excited about the strangest things...)

I'll also post a picture of the fabulous candle holder that my friends made for me. It came complete with votive holders and candles, as well as box that contained some gorgeous Soy Silk roving, a Spinner's Control Card & Yarn Gauge, and a cute black-and-white cat dish. (Thanks, Jane!)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...