Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Morning [picture-heavy post] ...

...Spring Forward style:

Spring Forward Sky

It was a busy weekend, most of it crafty. I did a little spinning, finishing the first bobbin of the Royale Hare roving and starting the second bobbin.

Penngrove Purples, bobbin 1

I did a little knitting. Worked on the decreases for the Lenore socks...

Lenore socks progress

...and finished off the copper wire necklace:

Beaded Copper Necklace

I finished "The Wright Stuff" quilt! Here's the quilt

The Wright Stuff quilt

....and its pillow cover (you can get a better look at some of the fabrics in this picture).

Pillow cover for The Wright Stuff quilt

I used the Yellow Brick Road quilt pattern (again) from Atkinson Designs. Many of the fabrics are take-offs on Frank Lloyd Wright designs; others are simply geometrics or Op-Art.

I test-drove my pattern for the Knit2 bag (and, boy am I glad I did!). The test resulted in a new bag and a better pattern:

Another Knit2 bag

I did get outside to enjoy the sun. The cats also had a good time in the nice weather, too. Here's Tica enjoying one of her favorite pastimes: eating grass!

Yum...wheat grass!

...
Munch, munch...


Somewhere in the middle of all of this madness were trips to the quilt store (fabric for testing the Knit2 pattern), Orchard Supply (one of the light bulbs went out in my sewing room), and the grocery store (need. food. now.) I got a lot done, but my house is a disaster...guess that's the next thing to attack!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...