Monday, July 21, 2008

finally finished something...

...for Tour de Fleece. Yay!

Yesterday I finished the second bobbin and plied Guerrilla Girl. I washed it this morning and it's drying now. Here's the pre-bath picture:

Guerrilla Girl Yarn
...and the dime shot:

Guerrilla Girl, close up

The Specs:
Finished 07/20/2008
Tempted Yarns merino-silk (4.0 oz) in Guerrilla Girl
Spun and plied on Lendrum Folding wheel
Navajo-ply, yield: 208 yds.
Weight: 12 WPI average

I haven't decided which roving to spin next...I need to stash dive and pick something.

Since I haven't posted any pictures of my two knitting WIPs, here are Midsummer Paradise socks:

Midsummer Paradise socks

I'm knitting the foot, which is a little monotonous, but I love the way they look.

Here is Mermaid's Morning Surf Scarf:

Mermaid's Morning Surf scarf, as of 7/20

I cast on 76 stitches, which in hind sight, is too many stitches. Had I known how long it would take me to knit this, I would have gone for a narrower scarf. I have knit 5 pattern repeats, with each pattern repeat being 12 rows. This is going to take a while...

I've started uploading the vacation pictures, but it's taking a long time to crop and edit them. Look for a Flickr badge in the right column that will link to the vacation pictures.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...