Wednesday, August 20, 2008

even more spinning...

...I'm beginning to see Sirena in my dreams. LOL!

I finished another yarn late Monday night. This is Deep Night yarn...

Deep Night yarn

...and the close-up:

Deep Night yarn, close up

Specs
Started: 8/17/08
Finished: 8/18/08
Deep Night 2; Falkland top (4.1 oz)from Yarn Wench
Spun and Plied on Lendrum DT wheel
Yield: 36.4 yds beaded; 145.7 yds not beaded; 182.1 yds total
WIP: 13

The little skein you see at the bottom of the pictures was beaded using a Navajo-plying beading technique from Knit-R-Done. It's a very cool method, but a little time-consuming. Since my goal was to spin 6 (!) yarns for Ravelympics, I decided to ply the remaining yarn without beads. This is definitely a technique I want to use when I have more time—it's very cool how it keeps the beads in place.

I went to Monday Knit Night at Full Thread Ahead and worked on my Silk Waves scarf. It's very pretty and it's a quicker knit than the Morning Surf scarf. I have a feeling I may finish only one of these for Ravelympics...oh, well.

Overall, I feel pretty good about my Ravelympics accomplishments. But between work and crafts, my hands are really starting to complain. I may have to swap over to quilting when the Olympics are over just to rest up my hands.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...