Friday, February 13, 2009

rolling into a long weekend...

...so looking forward to an extra day off!

So remember the purple and silver stitch markers I posted about last week? They were part of the package I sent to Bianca for winning my Blogoversary contest. In addition to the Sundara Lenten Rose yarn that she won, I included a few other goodies, just cuz! You can see a picture of the whole package in her blog, but I wanted to give you a closer look at a few of things.

I included this little bag that I made using Happythings' drawstring pattern (Love this pattern!). The outside fabric is a fat quarter I picked up somewhere along the way, so I have no idea of what fabric line it's from:

Blue drawstring bag

And, yes, I purposely turned the dotted side of ribbon to the inside rather that the outside...I just thought it wold be a nice little surprise.

Here's a view of the inside. I used a Michael Miller "Fairy Frost" (one of my favorite fabric lines) for the inside.

Blue drawstring bag, interior

I included a pink scissor leash (fob) that I made. I made one for every pair of embroidery scissors I own (and I have a bunch), plus some for friends, and then some! The rubber tip protects the tip of the scissors and the lobster clasp attaches to one of the handles.

Pink scissor fob

I mentioned that I had made soap a while back. I included one bar each of the following...

Butter Mint (peppermint and creamy vanilla scents):

Butter Mint Soap

Creative Dreams (clove, rosemary, peppermint, and rose scents with dried calendula petals):

Creative Dreams Soap

I had such a blast putting the package together! It actually helped me re-charge my crafty side, so now I feel motivated to finish a few things!

Up this weekend: try to finish the Jaywalker socks (or the Argosy scarf); work on the sweater; and work on one of my sewing projects. We'll keep Valentine's Day pretty low-key. I'll make some chocolate-covered strawberries and get some champagne. We'll have all the essential food groups...what more do we need!?

Happy day!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

HOW NICE!! I bet she was totally blown away when she got your package...only you would take that extra "treck"....far more than an extra mile...what a champ you are...WELL DUH! NICE JOB!! Have a great weekend...I got a mini-red rose bush...my man had a wee-tad of help on that one...but its beautiful! On top for us will be a special dinner for him...not sure if we are babysitting yet for the kids to get out....Snow pics now on my blog!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...