Wednesday, May 13, 2009

word of the day: start-itis

...an uncontrollable need to start a new project even though I already have a multitude of WIPs. (see Yarn Harlot for the real definition)

I have it.

I started this last night:

Under the Sea socks, the beginning

These are the Under the Sea socks from the Loopy Ewe Sock Club installment for March. I had wound the yarn, but was waiting until I finished Roguish Roses (and we all know how well that went!). I was bored last night and started them anyway.

Originally, I wasn't even going to try this pattern because it's a toe-up pattern — my track record with toe-up is not pretty. However, I was talking to someone at Knit Night on Monday about toe-up socks and I thought I'd give it another try.

I also decided that since I received the second Loopy Ewe Sock Club installment (see below), I better get my act together because the Blue Moon Fiber Arts sock club installment will be right on its heels! (HA!)

Spoiler--Loopy Ewe Sock Club

OK, so maybe one start doesn't qualify as Start-itis, but there are many projects calling out from my various stashes that I'm must exercise a great deal of will power to ignore them. Just don't be surprised if I start one (or two or ??) more projects...

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...I love this time of the year! The path in our backyard has filled out and there are flowers blooming everywhere. This is the view ...