Eye Candy Friday word of the day: serendipity

...AKA "It almost looks like I planned it that way."(Another quick blog entry because I have another work deliverable due today. ARG!)

I'm weaving this shawl for my mother-in-law using a sweater's worth of Brooks Farm Mas-Acero yarn (SW Wool-silk viscouse). The color is called Lakeside Shadows (blues and dark browns). It's very pretty and would have made a nice sweater, if I thought I'd enjoy knitting an adult-sized sweater (that's another topic that I don't have time to delve into now).

Anyway, I warped the loom and magically the yarn striped! Hmmm, didn't plan that, but cool!

Mas-Acero Shawl, in progress

Then I started weaving it. Hmm, it's striping in the other direction. Hey, it's kind of plaid-looking! Way Cool!

Mas-Acero Shawl, from the front

Totally not what I intended, but it's looking really good!

Mas-Acero Shawl, close up

Color me happy!

Up this weekend: spin-in on Saturday and Father's Day on Sunday. That's all I know right now...I'll just be happy the work week is over. It's been really rough...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogiversary Contest...

October 2007 recap...

Happy 10th Blogiversary to me...