Friday, March 19, 2010

it's feeling a lot like spring around here...

...the sun is out, weather is nice, and things are blooming all over.

Five Spot bud

This is a Five Spot bud from another new plant that the Husband has added to the garden. I'm still trying to get a decent picture of an open flower, but they are so small that it is hard to get the right angle on the photo. Plus they are mostly white and I don't have a good track record with white flowers!

I'm glad we're moving into spring—maybe the sunshine will motivate me to do something. I've been suffering from craft ennui the last few weeks, which accounts for the fact that I haven't knit anything in quite a while. And the scarf that I am weaving for a friend? Technically, it should have been a breeze to finish, but I can't seem to get motivated to work on it. The only thing that has seen any substantial action is my spinning wheel, and even that hasn't been a lot.

This winter has made me want to hibernate more than usual.(Hibernate = veg-out) Mostly, I just curled up with a book or watched TV. Maybe it was a natural reaction to doing so much at work and so many personal projects. I guess my body decided I needed a time-out and made me take one! But, I'm ready to get back into my normal operating mode. There are so many things I want to do and there are new techniques I want to try.

Up this weekend: I have Spin-In tomorrow and need to make some sort of munchie to take. I haven't decided whether I will use Spin-In to finish plying the Midnite Lava Flow yarn or start something new. (Something new sounds good right now.)

I have a few chores to do around the house, but I need to spend some quality weaving time on the scarf. 

Maybe I'll actually go outside...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...