Friday, May 14, 2010

Can you believe it? It's Eye Candy Friday...

...and I actually have eye candy!

I've mentioned that the Husband likes to grow interesting things in the garden. Well, this year it was fava beans (see the previous post for pictures) and poppies. 

The poppy plant has been growing for a while and just plain looked weird. It has finally started to bloom and the first flower is beautiful.  Here's a series of pictures.

The plant is is in a pot and I can look at the poppy eye-to-eye (I'm 5'3").

Danish Flag Poppy plant

The bloom is gorgeous from all angles...

Danish Flag Poppy

Danish Flag Poppy, from below

Inside a Danish Flag Poppy

There are several buds on this plant and I'm sure it will look spectacular when all of the flowers bloom!

Up this weekend: Because I worked last Saturday and several long days this week, my boss gave me today off as a comp day. Yay! I plan on doing some crafty things and enjoying a little quiet time while the Husband is at work. There are a couple of chores I'm doing  because they are easier to do when no one else is here (like completely stripping the bed down to the mattress and washing everything...blankets, quilt, mattress liner, etc.). 

I have already gone through all of my cross stitch magazines and have decided to get rid of the majority of them.  Know anyone who wants several years worth of Cross Stitch and Country Crafts (many from the 90's), The Needleworker, and Stitcher's World? I'll give them a good deal! Otherwise, they are getting recycled.

Maybe I'll do a little quilting, a little knitting, or a little spinning. Who knows?
 

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

I cannot get over how much John can get into your yard!! Simply amazing, it must be like paradise to sit out there and take it all in, ever think of putting that on your list?? My yard is pretty serene too, wish we could have grass,I'm really NOT into rocks, however, this year we're gonna do some color changes with some of our back yard...making our mounds a different color/size rock, to add some change, it's looking very good, next up the front courtyard, we may go with grass, will not be good in winter, but for maybe 8 months we can enjoy it. We got some good pricing today from a landscaper who will install! So it's a good consideration...then my wee one will have a grassy area she can go barefoot! Lots to do, lots to do...oh yeah, and for sure this year the trim is getting painted a different color, more contrast! Summer will be busy, poor hubby!!!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...