Monday, May 03, 2010

Yay, it's May...

...I'm hoping that we've gotten past most of the wet weather. I'm ready for warmer temperatures! 

My weekend didn't quite go as planned...I had another one of my marathon headaches. It started on Friday and lasted until Sunday afternoon. This one was sinus-centered with a lot of TMJ pain thrown in for good measure. No amount of aspirin, caffeine, or compresses (hot or cold) managed to make a dent in it. I wasn't about to throw dust into the mix, so the shelves went undusted. Laundry, on the other hand, was doable.

I managed to concentrate long enough to get the green yarn plied.  And, boy, am I glad that's done! I am not happy with this yarn at all. It wasn't an easy spin and the plying was a pain.  After a little thought, I came up with a name. Here is "It's Easy Being Green" (mostly because this yarn turned out a whole lot greener than I expected):

It's Easy Being Green yarn

and the close-up:

It's Easy Being Green yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 4/24/10;
Finished 5/1/10;
Green Crazy Batt (2 oz) from Faerie Mountain Fibers;
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT Folding wheel;
78.2 yards, 12 WPI, Navajo ply

Since my concentration was shot most of the weekend, I did some reading, watched a couple of DVDs,  and tried to get a little knitting done. I am declaring the cuffs done on the Rusty Dahlia socks and will start on the heels today...finally! The cuffs aren't as long as the pattern calls for, but I tried them on and they are long enough for me.

This will be a busy week at work, so I'm not sure whether I'll get anything new started. We'll just have to see how the week plays out!

I haven't forgotten the April recap...just need to get it put together.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...