Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WIP-it Wednesday, with an F.O. thrown in...

...as promised, pictures of the yarn I finished spinning over the weekend.

This is Swamp:

Swamp yarn

and a close-up:

Swamp yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 11/7/10
Finished 11/13/10
Merino-Bamboo top (4oz) from Fiber Fiend
Spun and Navajo-plied on Lendrum DT Folding Wheel
171.2 yards, 12 WPI

I still haven't gotten very far with my sock knitting. I'm carrying them around with me so they are not "out of sight, out of mind," but I'm just not working on them!

I made some progress on the Turquoise Trails needlepoint last night. It's very pretty, but I'm getting a little tired of straight stitching with the equivalent of pearl cotton 12 that is used to fill some sections.

I pretty resigned to the fact that if I finish anything else this month it will be spinning and not needlepoint, knitting, or weaving. I don't know...maybe the time change did me in!
 

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Beautiful COLORS!! where's EYE CANDY FRIDAY??

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...