Friday, February 04, 2011

Happy birthday to the Daughter!

...after the last couple of weeks that she's experienced, I want her day to be sunny, positive, and drama-free.

I'm slowly recovering from this cold, but still don't have enough energy to do any crafts.

So let's do a little catch-up...as I mentioned, I finished my latest weaving project at the end of January. Here are the pictures, finally:

Red Marine Silk Wrap

Red Marin Silk wrap, close up

Specs:
Started 11/20/2010; Finished 1/30/2011
Warp and weft: "True Blood Red" Marine Silk from Blue Moon Fiber Arts
Warp: 12 epi
Weft: 10 ppi
Warped size: 19.75 x 93 inches
Finished size: TBD

I haven't measured the final wrap yet, but will do so this weekend when I can spread it out on the table. It's so soft!

I also received my Rockin' Sock Club installment (behind the spoiler picture).


The patterns look interesting and challenging, but I'm not sure whether I will do either one. I love the concept of socks in reverse colors, but neither of the patterns sings to me. I'm monitoring the BMFA Ravelry groups and have seen a few people who won't be using the patterns either. Maybe someone will come up with a brilliant alternative!

Up this weekend: My primary goal is to get well. I also need to mail one more package of stitch markers out...somehow I missed in the last week's mailing (sorry, Lauren!) and then the cold stole my life!

I have a yarn to finish spinning and a quilt to baste. I need to do some stash diving to see if I have enough yardage of the right weight yarn for my weaving class at Stitches West on the 18th. Plus there are a couple of commission pieces that I need to start planning. (Yes, Jane, one is your wall hanging.)
   

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...