Saturday, February 19, 2011

Stitches West 2011 quick hits...

...I was bad, but it felt so good!

Stitches West 2011

I'm uploading individual pictures to Flickr (Stitches West 2011 group), but it may take a while.

My one class was great and I actually had a finished item. I took some pictures before washing. It's drying now and I hope it will full a bit.

Rigid Heddle Weaving Class Project


the close up...

Class project close up


Specs:
Warped 78 inches long, 10 inches wide;
7.7 dpi; approx 8 ppi;
Warp yarns are a combination of silk, metallic, wool, and ribbon yarns;
Weft is a fingering wool

It was fun combining different yarns for the warp.

Anyway, I'm going to meet up with friends for the last day of the market tomorrow. I'm just going to cruise the market and look at the booths that I missed on Thursday. Since most of those are yarn booths, I don't expect that I'll buy anything else, but it will be fun to look!
.

1 comment:

SpinalCat said...

That scarf is epic! I want to learn to weave!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...