Monday, February 07, 2011

the weekend went by really fast...

...maybe it's because my brain was still foggy from my cold, but Sunday night rolled around too soon for me.

My brain was so foggy that I forgot the unwritten rule about Super Bowl Sunday: Never go grocery shopping until after the game starts! If you go before, you'll be completely frustrated by the armchair quarterbacks buying all their drinks and snacks - they never go grocery shopping except on Superbowl Sunday. It's always fun trying to navigate the grocery store with all these clueless people blocking the aisles. [sigh]

Anyway, I'm sorry for the camera-fail today. I managed to get out of the house without taking a picture of the yarn I finished spinning on Saturday. Maybe it's because I was somewhat underwhelmed with the final product. I loved it in the bump; I'm just not happy with the way I spun and plied it.

After I mailed the last Blogiversary prize on Saturday, I went to a couple of quilt stores look at blue fabrics for one of the commission projects I'm doing. I found a few fabrics that will work, but not nearly as many as I was hoping for.  One thing that I bought was a panel from In the Beginning Fabrics from their Oceanica line. I fell in love with the mermaid square, but I also love the swan square and the octopus square. I may split these up rather than using the panel whole. I also bought the backing fabric for the Tealing Groovy quilt.

I spent a little time in my sewing room, mostly putting beads and fabric away from the Blogiversary prize-making sessions. I sewed together the backing fabric for the teal quilt, so that's ready to baste. Now I just need to find the time to do it!

I actually knitted on Sunday! I am determined to finish the Mochaberry Bramble socks, so I worked on those. I'm a couple of rows away from finishing the instep and then I can finally knit the foot. I love these socks, but they've been a long time in process!
   

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...