Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy pi day...

...wish I had the other kind of pie!

The weekend went by too quickly. I did a few things around the house on Saturday morning and the afternoon was spent at Savannah's Celebration of Life.

It was a lovely celebration, filled with laughter, tears, and many hugs, It was nice reconnecting with some of the Daughter's HS classmates and their parents, and meeting some new people. They showed a couple of slide shows with Savannah's favorite songs playing in the background. The one that really tore us up was "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry.. Her mom said that she loved to sing that song and her brothers would sing it with her. In fact, the boys sang along while it played for the slide show. [sigh] So sad...

Sunday, I decided to keep chores to a minimum and concentrate on crafts. I spent a few minutes with my commissioned quite, but really was not feeling like sewing. Since I know that I make too many mistakes when I'm not "into" a project, I decided to hold off on the quilte for now.  Instead, I went through the Stitches West stash and picked this to spin [Ravelry]:

Sebastopol Raspberry Farm top


Although the name is Sebastopol Raspberry Farm, it really reminds me of watermelons! I spun about 2 ounces of it before my knees complained about the treadling.

I've been wanting to start my Blue Whale shawl, but didn't want to cast on until I'd finished the Mochaberry Brambles socks. I started it last night and got about one inch knit before I had to go to bed. This time change thing is going to take some getting used to!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...