Monday, July 25, 2011

Tour de Fleece, c'est fini...

...et moi aussi! My hands and shoulders are a bit sore, but I finished!

Here is the Silver Lake handspun that I plied yesterday, :

Silver Lake handspun

and the close-up:

Silver Lake handspun, close up


Specs:
Started 7/19/11
Finished 7/24/11
Silver Lake Zen top (50% Merino, 25% Tussah silk, 25% Bamboo; 4oz) from Lisa Souza
269.8 yds, 12 WPI

Here's a collage of the handspun I finished for this year's tour:

Tour de Fleece 2011

Overall Tour de Fleece stats:
  • 24.1 ounces spun
  • 5 chain-ply, 1 2-ply (the pink)
  • 1324.1 yds total
  • WPI are 10, 11, 12 (2), 13, & 14
  • We visited  a lagoon, a meadow, a redwood, a forest, an island, and a lake. 
After finishing the last yarn, I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself! Between Tour de Fleece and finishing the last quilt, it's been a busy month.  It must be time to start another pair of socks, or weave something, or...  Anyway, something other than spinning for a while!
.

    No comments:

    WIP-it Wednesday...

    ...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...