Friday, August 12, 2011

Eye Candy Friday...

...another long, yet short week.

We're heading into that part of the year where the garden is mostly tomatoes and chile peppers. They all start to look the same after a while. Finding eye candy this morning was a challenge.

Another hibiscus is blooming in the courtyard:

Hibiscus, opening in the morning sun

More dahlias are blooming in the back yard:

Baby Dahlia

The dew on the dahlias was interesting this morning:

Morning dew

Love how it glistens in the sun.

As an added bonus, here is the latest progree picture of Turquoise Trail. The upper-left quadrant is finished!

Turquoise Trail, as of 8/9/11

Up this weekend: It's Spin-In on Sunday, but I have to miss it this time. Mom is coming for a short visit on Sunday. Since this is the first time she's traveled in my direction in at least 3 years, I can't miss it.  So on Saturday, I get to clean house! If it was just my Mom, I wouldn't worry about much more than the "public" rooms, but she's bringing two of her sisters who have never been to my house. I just know they'll want a tour. They're out of luck when it comes to the converted garage/the Husband's office..it's full of all the stuff that most people put in their garages. No way can I pick that up and do everything else in one day!

In between cleaning and visiting, I want to finish clue #2 and start clue #3 of the Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL 2011, AKA Mysterious Waters [Ravelry]. I'd also like to weave more on the Mas y Mas shawl [Ravelry].

We'll see how far I get!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...