Wednesday, August 10, 2011

pictureless WIP-it Wednesday...

...because I showed you a picture of my latest WIP on Monday. Here's a mini-update on the WIPs (project name - mood):
  1. The Beets Go On Socks [Ravelry] - Frustrated/Irritated
    I found another break in the yarn at about the same point in knitting the cuffs for these socks. I'm about ready to chuck the yarn and put this pattern aside for now. I don;t know if it's the quality of this particular skein or if some random bug is eating the yarn (EWWW!). I tend to think that it's this skein because I am having no issues with other projects that I have in process.
     
  2. Seaweed Cardigan [Ravelry] - Pleased
    I haven't worked on it in a while, but the knitting is coming along nicely and I still like the pattern, Just too many things in the queue right now.
     
  3. Mas y Mas Shawl [Ravelry]- Excited
    I wove about 12 inches over the weekend (there are about 80 usable inches to weave). I love how the colors are showing through the weft and I'm thinking that it might work as a decorative table runner as well as a shawl.
     
  4. Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL 2011, AKA Mysterious Waters [Ravelry] - Enthralled
    I worked on Clue #2 on Monday and Tuesday. I'm taking my time with it so I can avoid fogging back. I ended up re-doing clue #1 three times before I got it to the point where I liked it. Purely a knitter problem, not a pattern issue.
      
  5. Turquoise Trail needlepoint - Satisfied
    I have finished one quadrant and am about 50% done with another. It's beautiful. The only reason I'm not calling this a "very happy" is because it's taking so long to do.
     
  6. Tealing Groovy quilt - Mellow
    This will wait until I am ready to machine quilt. It's all set to go, I just need to be in a quilting mood. For now, it is hanging in my craft room waiting patiently for its turn.
     
  7. Isonzo spinning [Ravelry] - Relaxed
    Another project that will wait until I get back to it. It's 8 ounces of Wool-Bamboo-Seacell and I've spun about a 4th of it. After all the spinning last month, I'm giving my hands a rest from spinning for a little while longer. It can wait, too.
That's all of the active projects. There are, of course, a bunch that are not listed. I think I would really scare myself if I unearthed every unfinished project I have!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...