Tuesday, October 25, 2011

can't fight it any more...

...Monday posts are just too hard to do. Here it is, the end of the day Tuesday, and I'm just now starting the first post of the week.  It's just been too busy around here!

My weekend report: I spent it mostly spinning. I finished the Lisbon Merino-silk handspun that I started at Spin-In this month. It turned out a lot pinker than I expected. Here's the skein-shot:

Lisbon Merino-silk handspun

and the close-up:

Lisbon Merino-silk handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 10/8/2011;
Finished 10/23/11;
Lisbon 1 Merino-silk top from The Yarn Wench;
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT folding wheel;
2-ply; 357.3 yards;
WPI: TBD...I think it's worsted weight

I also finished spinning the last two samples in the Bollywood Phat Fiber box. I was toying with the idea of starting to spin the Witching Hour (Halloween) Phat Fiber box, but wanted to be done with Bollywood first.  (Hmmm, still need to post pictures of this box...)

I did quite a bit of needlepoint, too. I'd forgotten how fast the Susan Portra designs worked up.  Maybe it will take me less than the year it took to do Turquoise Trail!

I also knit a few rows of the Nefertem shawl. I'm at the stage where it's still a pretty portable--I took it to the doctor's office this morning to work on while I was waiting.

I tried to work on my quilting, but just wasn't into it. I fondled the fabric a little and that was all!

Back tomorrow with a WIP...maybe more!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...