Wednesday, October 19, 2011

well, hello Wednesday...

...I have no idea what happened to Monday and Tuesday. Every time I thought I'd get a minute to post, something interrupted!

I have not had a chance to process the pictures I took at Pacific International Quilt Festival.  Some are Eye Candy Friday-worthy, so I'll post some then.

There were many cool quilts. The ones that really intrigued me were an Audrey Hepburn portrait/wall quilt, two Beatles discography quilts, and a quilt about Haiti.

I bought a few yards of fabric and a couple of tools, but I really kept it to a minimum...for me, anyway!

For WIP-It Wednesday, here is a picture of a needlepoint project:

Hopi needlepoint, as of 10/19


This is Hopi, by Susan Portra. I pulled this out of the UFO stack....it's been there since before 2008!  I love all of Susan Portra's designs. I have already stitched Navajo, Taos, and Vegas designs.

Several years ago, I was smart enough to special order many of her not-as-well-known designs.  I have quite a stash just of her stuff and I'm gradually working through it. I've been contacted many time by people trying to get her designs so I know how fortunate I am!

I am still working on my Peacock Pomatomus socks and the Nefertem shawl. Right now, the needlepoint has my attention though...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...