Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Hi ho, hi ho...

...it's back to work I go.  And I jumped in with both feet! When you know there's a project waiting for you to start,  you can't quite make a slow re-entry.

I spent yesterday looking through my queued projects trying to figure out if I had all of the threads for the next needlepoint picture I want to do. And the answer is: not quite.  I need to check my floss stash to see if I already have some of the colors and I need to send an order for some specialty threads.In the meantime, I'll be working on one of my knitting WIPs.

I can finally show you the part of Jane's gift I sent out with the cookies last week. Here is Jane's Chunky Mochi Hat:

Hat for Jane

and the view from the top:
Hat for Jane, from the top

Specs:
Started 11/27/11;
Finished 12/8/11;
Pattern: Noro spiral one-skein hat by Manuèle Ducret;
Yarn: Chunky Mochi in Caramel Latte

I think it turned out pretty well. The pattern was pretty easy. However, it is written in free-form style, so it took a bit of getting used to. The yarn was a bit of a challenge as it's a single and really easy to accidentally split it. However. I really like to effect of the color changes so it was well worth it!

I need to get my recaps done. That will probably take the place of a WIP-it Wednesday this week.

And my Blogiversary is on the 5th. I've been blogging for nearly 6 years!  I need to decide whether to hold a  contest. I have in the past, but I typically do not get a lot of entrants. Need to think on this more...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...