Friday, May 11, 2012

Eye Candy Friday...

...and the chaos continues!  First, let's do the pretties.

A Mother's Day tulip bouquet from the Daughter:

Mother's Day bouquet of tulips

An orange tulip...

Orange tulip

A white tulip...

White tulip

A purple tulip...

Purple tulip in the sun

And Nigella hispanica from the garden.

Nigella Hispanica flowers 2

On the chaos front, the Husband is pulling up the last few vinyl tiles in the room and is scraping up the remaining adhesive. His goal is to start laying the new floor sometime this weekend. We'll see...scraping up the old adhesive is quite labor-intensive. He might not have enough time do do that and start the new floor.

Up this weekend for me: I have yoga class on Sunday and the Daughter is cooking dinner for us. I'm looking forward to that!

I want to go through the final stack of cookbooks to decide what to keep and what to donate.  I found several places I can donate books as I don't think any one location can handle the number of books that I'm purging. The books are all in pretty good shape, but I'll give the best ones to the Sunnyvale and Mountain View libraries and the rest will go to my friend's church for their rummage sale.

I've already gone through all of our record albums and whittled those down to the essentials. The next items to go through are the music CDs. Many of them are already on our iPods or in the computer, so we really don't need to keep the physical CDs. Because we both love music, we have a lot!

My goal is to rid the house of the donations (at least what we've identified so far) by mid-week. Then maybe it will be safe to walk in the living room. The last thing I want is a box of heavy cookbooks falling over and landing on my foot!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...