Thursday, November 29, 2012

oops! Missed WIP-it Wednesday...

...the rain must have thrown me off. LOL!

I'm still burying threads in the back of the Jungle Songs quilt. I'm making progress, but I'm starting to get bored. There is a reason I tend to do geometric machine quilting: there are far fewer threads to bury and they are rarely in the middle of the quilt!  And I'd be done by now.

Besides Jungle Songs, I am playing with the layout of the Christmas Yellow Brick Road quilt I discovered in my stash. Because several of the fabrics contain snow globes,  I have named it "Going Snow Global." The fabrics are all from Moda's Nick & Rudy fabric line that was released in 2006 (or before), making this WIP a lot older than I thought it was. Time flies...

Going Snow Global quilt

As with all Yellow Brick Road quilts, I need to adjust the layout to make sure the same fabric isn't touching and to avoid too many reds and greens touching. It's obvious from the picture that I need to do a lot more rearranging. I'll adjust it a few more times (read: 10+ times) until I'm OK with the layout. This quilt will prove to be a challenge because there are so many reds and greens.

The next spinning WIP I'll tackle is the Natural Dyes Wild Card Batts that I started in 2010.

Natural Dyes Wild Card #4968
At the time, I wasn't enjoying the natural dyes. Now that I have a few of these types of spins under my belt, I can go back and finish this. 

I should probably pull out one of my knitting WIPs just to have in the rotation, but none of them are calling my name right now.  It's just as well, I probably won't feel much like knitting once I start baking!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...