Tuesday, November 13, 2012

random Tuesday

...because I'm a little scattered these days.
  1. Next week is Thanksgiving!! WHAT?!  I am no where near ready for that!  Thank goodness the family likes a traditional dinner and the menu is pretty much the same every year.
     
  2. I was productive at Spin-In. I finished spinning 2 ounces of a Merino-Bombyx top and started the matching Merino top that I will ply with it.  I ended up baking some oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies to take.
     
  3. We installed our new microwave/exhaust fan unit. That sounds so simple, right? NOT!

    We had to move the range (this required removing the oven door) and take out the old unit. Then the issues started.

    The support bracket for the new microwave needed to be in a different location. The holes for the bolts to go through the cabinet to anchor the microwave were in a different place. The opening for the microwave exhaust vent was in a different place. The length of the exhaust chimney was longer.

    The Husband went to Home Depot/OSH at least 5 times to get the right parts. And then we couldn't get the range oven door back on!  While The Husband made his last trip to Home Depot,  I did some research on the internet. You know, it helps if they have the correct instructions in the  handbook that comes with the range! I found the right ones and got the oven door back on.

    We collapsed after that!
     
  4. We did get some cleaning done in the kitchen as we were installing the microwave. I don;t know about you, but I rarely move the range to clean under there because it's such a PITA. But it's all nice and clean now, the drawer under the range is clean, and I mopped my kitchen floor!
     
  5. The rest of the house, on the other hand, is still cluttered and needs a lot of work. Let's not even talk about the dusting that needs to happen...
.

4 comments:

Elf said...

This is why I now usually pay someone to do do-it-yourself tasks these days if I can possibly afford it. Everything takes so much longer than one can possibly imagine. Cool that you were able to find your instructions on the Internet. What did we ever do without that gizmo?

Elf said...

P.S. Did they fix the A/C at work so it wasn't blowing full out?

marie said...

Yeah, if I was living by myself, I'd pay someone to do it. John is pretty handy around the house and he installed the last microwave, so he had some experience. However, we didn't expect quite so many issues!

And no, they haven't fixed the AC, but today isn't too bad yet. Or maybe I'm just wearing a warmer sweater today. :)

Elf said...

Yeh, does help to have someone else around who's handy.

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...