Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday's weekend report...

...I finished two things!

The first is the knitted cowl I've been working on:

Midnight Botanical Cowl

Midnight Botanical Cowl [Ravelry]
Started 11/3/12
Finished 11/23/12
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Midnight Derby
Pattern: Botanical Cowl by Megan Goodacre

It was a good on-the-go project. I really enjoyed this project!

The second is the Heather merino-silk handspun I started in 2007:

Heather handspun

and the close up:

Heather handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 10/15/2007
Finished 11/24/2012
Chasing Rainbows top in Heather: 2 oz. Merino-Bombyx and 2 oz. Merino
Skein #1: 320.1 yards, 2-ply, 15 WPI
Skein #2: 46 yds singles, about 13 WPI

I finished machine quilting the Jungle Songs quilt and am in the process of burying all the loos threads. I need to finish that process before I can sew on the binding and declare this quilt done. And not a moment too soon...so ready for this one to be off my list!

While I was putting stuff away, I found a Christmas-themed Yellow Brick Road quilt I started a couple of years ago. All the blocks have been sewn, I just need to assemble to top. I've done a preliminary layout on my quilt wall and am in the process of refining it. The good part is that I can probably finish this quilt quickly as I rarely do more than stitch-in-the-ditch quilting on Yellow Brick Road quilts. I already have the binding assembled and the yardage for the borders and backing. First I have to finish Jungle Songs, though (sigh).

I need to cram in as much crafting as I can in the next few days, because come December 1st, it's all about the baking. Hmmm, I need to start buying the ingredients RSN (real soon now).
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...