Monday, December 31, 2012

last day of 2012...

..it's hard to believe! And only two more days of vacation...sigh.

This morning's sunrise was clear, with just a few wispy clouds:

Sunrise 12/31/12

I've been working in my studio the last few days and finally finished the Jungle Songs quilt. Here it is:

Jungle Songs Quilt
Specs:
Started May 2010
Finished 12/29/12
Laurel Burch fabric
Quilt kit contained the fabrics and the pattern; origin of the kit is unknown.
  • Things I like about this quilt: The fabrics are bright and cheery. It's Laurel Burch. It's done!
  • Things I don't like: The pattern was too fussy (don't like one-inch squares). The fabric pieces limited how I could use them in the quilt--some were cut slightly crooked so I couldn't get straight lines in the border pieces. Machine quilting around the animals was a PITA.
I'm not sure where I'll use this quilt. For now, it will stay in the studio.

I also finished assembling the top of the Going Snow Global Christmas quilt. I can't get a decent picture of the top because the green fabrics tend to turn yellow in certain light. I'm trying to decide whether to finish this quilt or put it away until next Christmas. 

A little knitting...a little weaving...I've been enjoying my craft time!

The Husband and I are planning a low-key New Year's Eve...we'll toast the new year with a bottle of Prosecco.

Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous 2013!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...