Friday, January 11, 2013

A chilly Eye Candy Friday and a contest reminder...

...at least for us. It's 43°F outside, way too cold for me; There's frost on all the plants and cars, and many plats are dead or dying.

The only plant that seems to be happy are the paperwhite narcissus. They are still blooming away. This picture is from a couple of days ago:

Paperwhite narcissus at sunrise

I like how the dew drops are highlighted at this angle.

Up this weekend: Spin-In tomorrow! I need to survey my left-over Christmas baking supplies and make something to take. Also, I need to go through my 2012 fiber-y accomplishments and select some items for show-and-tell.

I'm taking the project bags to Spin-In and have my fellow spinners select which bag to offer as the Blogiversary prize. I love all of the bags and can't make up my mind! I'm not quite finished with the project bags, but they will be close enough to done by tomorrow.

I'm in the top-stitching phase and am really enjoying how they are all coming together. I love fast and easy projects! Yes, I'm ignoring my other WIPs right now, but I'm having fun!


***7th Blogiversary Contest Reminder***

Leave a comment on my 1/7/13 post by the end of the day Wednesday 1/16 to enter the contest.  The winner will be announced on Friday, 1/18.

The prize: A project bag and a set of 5 stitch markers. The bag construction will be similar to this bag and the stitch markers similar to these. As soon as I have finished them, I'll post a picture.

Good luck!!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...