Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a  Celestarium [Ravelry]. shawl picture as promised! 

Velvet Celstarium Shawl, as of 1/30/13

I have finished the Ursa Minor constellation (on the left).

This pattern has several charts for the placement of YOs and beads. Other that making sure they are in the proper place, this is a pretty simple pattern. I am on the "D" charts, round 31 of 157 total (not counting the edging). I know each round will take longer the bigger the shawl grows. For right now, I am totally enjoying this project!

As for my other WIPs, here's the latest list of the WIPs I'm thinking about while I knit Celestarium.
  1. Violet Needle Roll (cross stitch) - Started February 2007
    I worked on this over the weekend.I remembered why I put this one aside: I really hate the linen that was included in this kit. the edges unravel easily and it's very thin. If I didn't already have a lot of stitching time invested in it, I'd IDJ (It's Dead, Jim) it.
  2. Inkle training project [Ravelry] (weaving) - This project might stay on the WIPs list for a while. I'm using it to test different techniques, not for any specific finished object. Once I'm comfortable with the techniques, then I will warp for a "real" inkle project.
  3. Navajo Turquoise top (Merino) from Yarn Wench - started 1/12/13
    I think my toe has healed enough so I can start spinning again. Yay!
  4. Royale top, 2 oz (Merino-Yak-Silk) top from A Verb for Keeping Warm (spinning) [Ravelry
  5. Pilgrim top, 2 oz (Merino-Tussah Silk) top from A Verb for Keeping Warm (spinning) [Ravelry]
  6. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint) - Need to remove the kinks from the Neon Rays ribbon so I can make progress on this picture.
  7. Happy Pumpkin Scissor Fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch) - Need to figure out where I cleverly stored this project.
One thing that I did IDJ was the Midnight Rose Mitts [Ravelry]. I just lost all motivation to do them. By frogging the mitts, I relieved some of my guilt for starting the Celestarium shawl. :)

Riiiiiight.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...