Thursday, August 15, 2013

on the up-swing...

...I'm feeling a lot better and am now back to working full days. I missed WIP-It Wednesday yesterday.  I hope to get back to a regular blog schedule soon!

Before I got sick, I did manage to get a little machine quilting done on the baby quilt, so at least I made a little progress.

I did a little clean up around the studio to pick up the stray yarn orts from the shawl finishing and put away a the beads and pearls I'd pulled out when doing the fringe. Guess what?! I found the Happy Pumpkin scissor fob WIP that I lost several months ago. Score!

When I'd had enough of quilting, I sat down and worked on the fob. As it turned out, I didn't have much to stitch on the front and the back went very quickly. I started this puppy in 2009 and tried to work on it in 2010 when my eyes started going bad. I had to stop when it got too hard to see the linen threads.

Anyway,  the stitching is done now...yay!


Happy Pumpkin scissor fob as of 8/15/13

I need to trim the fabric and stitch it into a fob before I can declare it a finished object.

So close...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...