Friday, December 20, 2013

Eye Candy Friday, Christmas-goodie style...

...having successfully delivered goodie bags to my co-workers, I can take a small breather to get some pictures. Ready?

Polar bear sugar cookie:

Polar Bear sugar cookie

Sheep! sugar cookie:

Sheep sugar cookie

Horse chocolate sugar cookie:

Horse chocolate sugar cookie

You'll notice that these cookies are very simple in the decoration department. That's one way that I keep my sanity when I make 500+ cookies. :)

Gingerbread cookie:

Gingerbread cookies

This is the result of Plan B. Although I followed the recipe closely, the dough was way too dry to form a ball, much less be rolled out so I could use my gingerbread man cutter. Instead, I made one-inch balls, rolled them in sugar crystals, and flattened them with a glass. BTW, this was the second Gingerbread-FAIL I had this season. Time for some new recipes!

Grand Marnier Pecans are a staple in the goodie bags:

Grand Marnier Pecans

And new this year, Salted Caramel Bark:

Salted Caramel Bark

I need to rework the recipe a bit because there was no way to break the bark. I think cutting it with a knife would have been easier, or mixing the caramel in a bit more.

Goodie total to date:
  • Bark: 2.25 pounds
  • Biscotti: 661
  • Breads and fruitcakes: 30 mini-loaves and 10 medium loaves
  • Cookies: 815
  • Sugared nuts: 5.9 pounds
Still to do: the rest of the chocolate bark and the spicy nuts.

Up this weekend: Tomorrow marks the beginning of my vacation! Yay! I'll be busy for a bit, though

I'll finish making the goodies and start packaging things. The goal is to get everything goodie-related completed and packaged by 12/24.

Also on my agenda is wrapping presents, cleaning the house, and finishing knitting my Christmas gifts!

Yeah, I did say vacation...at least I won't be doing work-work!
.

2 comments:

Elf said...

I'm thinking that next year you need me to just live over there for a few weeks to taste test everything to be sure it's OK. No, no, no need to thank me.

marie said...

LOL!! Judging from the comments I've received elsewhere, you might have some competition for the Taste Tester position. :)

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...