Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last day of 2013...

...our tree is ready to bid goodbye to 2013 and welcome the new year:

New Year's Eve 2013 tree

I have some champagne chilling and most of the fixings for tomorrow's Hoppin' John.  I need to make a quick grocery run for tonight's dinner once I figure out what we're having! After all the baking and Christmas celebrations, cooking is the last thing I want to do.

I'm trying to finish a couple of things before midnight (go ahead...laugh). I have a bobbin full of Cazadero Mist singles ready to ply and 2 or 3 edging repeats to finish on the Southern Skies shawl. I suppose I can't really declare the shawl done until I block it. I'm not sure I have enough time for that!

I wish you all a very Happy New Year! See you on the flip-side...

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...