Thursday, February 13, 2014

One for Thursday...

...which really should have been "One for Wednesday" but I didn't have enough time to post yesterday.

I finished another hat for Halos of Hope. This is Red No-Noro Hat [Ravelry] using the same pattern as the teal hat. I went up one needle size, making it a faster knit.


Red No-Noro Hat

and a view from the top:

Red No-Noro Hat, view from the top

Specs:
Started 2/9/14; Finished 2/11/14;
Pattern: Noro spiral one-skein hat by Manuèle Ducret;
Yarn: TLC Ultra Soft in Claret;

I've started a third hat using a very basic pattern  and Caron Simply Soft in chocolate brown.

I'm also working on spinning the last one-ounce bump in an Ancient Breeds fiber sampler. The sampler came with 5 bumps of fiber: Shetland, Finn, Icelandic, Gotland, and Norwegian. I can't remember which one I have left (Gotland?), but whatever it is, it has more VM that the others. I also found some short cut areas that don't spin easily.

All of the other projects are on hold while I make progress on my Ravellenic Winter Games entries. With the three-day weekend coming up, I'll have a little more time to spend on them.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...