Friday, October 17, 2014

Eye Candy Friday...

...and not a moment too soon!

Today's eye candy is brought to you by the color red.

Red habaneros:

Habanero chile peppers

Red in today's sunrise:

Sunrise 10/17/14

and a red rose:

Red rose

Up this weekend: It's Pacific International Quilt Festival time! My original plan was to go on Saturday, but I might hold off until Sunday. It really depends on how much I feel like fighting the Saturday crowds. If I go first thing on Sunday, I avoid some of the crowds, but then I upset my entire Sunday routine.  I'm still thinking about it. I'll see how I feel in the morning.

I typically don't spend a lot of money at the show, but I would like to get some variegated thread to use for quilting. They usually have at least one thread vendor there. I don't plan on buying a lot of fabric, but if I see something that might be useful (read: it's pretty), you know it will come home with me!

I'm in the home stretch of the Alcea Cowl. I have about 4 inches left to knit! Once I get to the right length, I can work the drop stitches row and bind off. The instructions say to block it before joining the ends, so I guess that's what I'll do. I would have rather joined it and then blocked it, but I'm impatient that way.

I'd like to make a bit more progress on the I'm Just Mad About Citron quilt. I'd really like to finish this quilt this year, which means I have about 6 weeks. As you know December is all about the cookie...yup, it's coming up fast!
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...