Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Finished Object Tuesday...

...first one for the month (and hopefully not the last).

This is the Wurm Hat [Ravelry]:

Wurm Hat 2

Specs:
Started 10/18/14;
Finished 11/1/14;
Pattern: Katharina Nopp;
Yarn: tosh dk from madelinetosh

It was a fun knit and I love how it turned out! 

I immediately started the third Loopy Academy project (mittens) and came to a screeching halt. The pattern I selected has a cuff that is not done in ribbing. I don't like how it looks. It says to cast on 30  stitches, which seems very small to me. They definitely won't fit my hands. 

I talked to some knitting friends and one suggestion was to cast on again using the German twisted cast-on.  I decided that since I wasn't in love with the cuff or the mittens in general that I would just find another pattern!  I found one that is a simple pair of mittens with a nice k2p2 cuff. I cast on again last night and can already see a world of difference.

Over the weekend, I made excellent progress on the I'm Just Mad About Citron quilt. I think I have 4 more squares to quilt and then I'll be ready for the binding. I've decided not to quilt the borders for now. I'll see what it looks like with the binding in place before I make my final decision. I'm getting very close to finishing this one!

I'm still itching to get back to the loom, but I'm afraid I might have to wait until after Christmas. Too many things I want to do and not enough time in the day!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...