...last one for July!
With the drought, it's harder and harder to find things to photograph in the backyard. Even with the drip irrigation system, some of our flowers are just drying up.
Our cilantro plant bolted and now we have some nice coriander seeds growing:
Our Asian Pear is doing OK:
The Lion's Tail is blooming, just now as much as previous years:
And our crazy berry plants are setting blossoms again. They haven;t realized it's almost August:
In the F.O. (Finished Object) category, here is Santa Fe #5:
Painted canvas by Tish Holland
DMC floss; DMC Medici wool; Kreinik metallics; Needle Necessities overdyed floss
I also finished the stitching for the Happy Wishes scissor fob:
Stitching completed 7/30/15
Happy Wishes Fob kit from Shepherd's Bush
It's now joined the other items that need finishing. There are 2 other fobs to finish, so now I can do all of them assembly-line style.
Up this weekend: Saturday will be a big laundry day. I have all of the sheets and towels to do from our house guests in addition to our normal items.
While the laundry's going, I can cut the borders for the commission quilt and finish the top. I finally found a backing fabric that I liked and ordered it yesterday. When that arrives, I can sandwich this puppy and start the machine quilting.
I keep finding cross stitch projects where I've started a row or 2 and then put it aside. This used to happen because I'd start something while I was at a cross stitch festival during my down time and then never picked it back up when I got home. I found another one last night: A sheep scissor fob kit from Ewe and Eye and Friends. That will be the next small piece to work on.
I need to get back to the current mermaid, too. Never enough time in a week!
...it's been a week. The Husband continues to deal with his father's estate and taking care of his mother's situation. Any one...
I'm struggling a bit to get the new layout to do the things I want it to do (like make linkable buttons to my KALs in the side bar, us...
...in which there are no new photos of WIPs. Instead, here's a photo of my Abundant Earth Fiber dye kit: I bought this after Stitch...
...and a couple of photo updates. Here is the bobbin full of Mirabel [ Ravelry ] singles: And the current state of Mermaid of the Pea...