Monday, July 20, 2015

Tour de Fleece Report...

...and my vacation is over. Sigh. It was really nice being able to play all day!

Tour de Fleece, Day 13 (7/16):
Spun the singles for a 3.8 oz. Yarn Wench batt.

Tour de Fleece, Day 14 (7/17):
Plied the singles with rayon thread and sequins. This is Wild Nile handspun [Ravelry]:

Wild Nile handspun

and the close-up:

Wild Nile handspun

Specs:
Started 7/16/51;
Finished 7/17/2015;
Wild Card Bling Batt (3.8 oz) from the Yarn Wench;
215.9 yds, plied with rayon thread and green sequins; 12 WPI

Tour de Fleece, Day 15 (7/18):
Spun the singles for a 2.0 oz. Faerie Mountain batt.

Tour de Fleece, Day 16 (7/19):
Wound the singles into a plying ball and made a 2-ply yarn. This is Faerie Purple handspun:

Faerie Purple handspun

and the close-up:

Faerie Purple handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/18/15
Finished 7/19/15
Merino-Silk batt (2.0 oz) from Faerie Mountain
117.25 yds. 2-ply, 14 WPI

My spinning output will be considerably less now that I'm back to work. In addition, we have family coming for the weekend, so I don't know whether I'll have a chance to spin when they are here.  I didn't take the first rest day, so I think I'll use it for the weekend. I might do the same for the second rest day (Tuesday) as well. If I do that,  I won't feel as guilty for missing any spinning!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...