Wednesday, August 05, 2015

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and a sock club installment!

On Monday, I received the July installment of the Rockin' Sock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I like the yarn color, but the patterns don't do it for me.

Socks That Rock Lightweight in Berrylicious

The sock pattern has bobbles: I don't like how bobbles look and I hate knitting them. The other pattern can be knit as a scarf or cowl. I already have several scarves and cowls, so I'm not really looking for another one at this point.  Oh, well. Maybe I'll use the yarn for a weaving piece.

My latest cross stitch piece is coming along. It's a little on the cutesy side, but it goes with many of the summer pieces I've already stitched.

Sweet Summer, in progress

I'm seriously thinking about starting another needlepoint piece. I have several painted canvases in the stash as well as several charted canvas projects with the threads already pulled. It's worth a look...

WIPs:

Worked on:

  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Working on row 30 of 62
  2. Sweet Summer (cross stitch)
    See photo above.
  3. Stealth Commission project (quilting)
    The top is done. Waiting for the backing fabric to arrive.
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Empress handspun [Ravelry]
  3. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)\
  5. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...