Wednesday, August 10, 2016

WIP-it Wednesday...

...I unexpectedly went out of town and, of course, the blogging suffered.

My mom fell and dislocated her shoulder. She lives 238 miles from me, so I couldn't just pop over to see her. I left the Husband at home and drove to her house on Sunday. I spent a few days making sure she could get around and drove home on Tuesday.  She's handling the injury pretty well, taking her meds and icing it when necessary. What's driving her nuts is having to sit still - she likes to be on the go!

While I was there, I finished a hat for the Ravellenic Games. This is Pine Hat [Ravelry], which will go to Halos of Hope:

Pine hat

Specs:
Started 8/5/16
Finished 8/8/16
Yarn: Wool-Ease Thick & Quick by Lion Brand
Pattern: Based on Super Bulky Hat by Alba Cabrera

Sorry about the photo quality. When I get a chance, I'll photograph it on Blanca, my head model.

Before I left for Mom's, I had started a second project for the Ravellenic Games. I started spinning Bad Wolf [Ravelry], a merino-bamboo-nylon blend from Mosaic Moon. I spun 2 of the 4 ounces. I'll get back to this on the weekend.

In the meantime, I'm working on the St. Charles needlepoint piece.

*WIPs roll call*

Worked on:
  • Bad Wolf [Ravelry]
    Spun 2 oz.
  • Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
    Working on the tan portions. Need to buy some dark brown wool.
  • St. Charles (needlepoint)
    Working on the cross border
Works In Progress:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting)  [Ravelry]
  3. Finishing work
  4. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  7. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...