Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the marathon run to Turkey Day is in progress.

I'm at the "making lists of lists" stage, both for Thanksgiving and for Open Enrollment at work. I'm going to try winding up the open enrollment stuff today before I leave for the holiday. Tomorrow will be full-on cooking for Thursday
  • Mr. Turkey should be defrosted by now (I hope!). 
  • I made the dry brine on Sunday, so the flavors should be well blended by now.
  • I made the cranberry sauce on Sunday, too.
  • Tomorrow before I leave for The Daughter's, I'll get Mr. Turkey cleaned up and into the dry brine.
  • Tonight, I'll get the perishables at the grocery store...that should be a blast as there are lots of people who do the same thing. Yay?
  • I need to pack-up whatever I need that The Daughter doesn't have to prepare the food.
  • Tomorrow is cooking day. Besides getting the turkey into the dry brine, I need to make the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the gravy, the yam casserole, and bake two desserts. It will be a long day!
  • Thursday is get the turkey in the oven and help The Daughter set the table, heat up the pre-made food, and enjoy family and friends. :-)
It will be a different Thanksgiving than we normally have, but it's nice to change things up once in a while!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...