Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

First off, the Daughter's Birthday/Superbowl party on Sunday was a lot of fun! The present I made for her was a photo book with pictures that span her 40 years. I did the layout on the Walgreen's site and they printed and bound it. I was able to pick it up at a local store to save on shipping costs. I think she liked it because I didn't pick any of the "bad" photos from her childhood. (LOL!)

The Husband and I spent another few hours going through his mother's craft stuff. We found several more completed projects that he will photograph. A good chunk of this session was going through magazine pages that she saved, making sure that they weren't for completed projects that we'd already set aside. I also found a lot of Aida cross stitch fabric that she bought and never used.

With that motivation, I did a little finishing work for my own stuff. I found some scissor fobs that simply needed cording made and sewn on.

Pumpkin fob (stitching finished 8/2013):

Happy Pumpkin Fob, finished

Happy Wishes fob (stitching finished 7/2015):


Happy Wishes fob, finished

This is the Sheep scissor fob (stitching finished 8/2015):

Sheep Scissor Fob, finished

Scaredy Sheep fob needed rick rack instead of cording (stitching finished 7/2015):

Scaredy Sheep fob, finished



I also decided that the needlepoint pieces that I originally planned on framing would be better off finished as flats - backing the canvas with fabric and sliding in a piece of acid-free foam core for stabilization.

I spent some time going through my own cross stitch fabric stash and decided that I need to cull that out son. For now, I pulled out anything that was still in the manufacturer's original packaging and unopened - it went into the Goodwill pile. Some of it is so old that I didn't feel like I could sell it to someone.

I started beading the mermaid! I placed the mermaid cross stitch back on the stretcher bars. I found a DMC floss that matched the fabric color and started placing the beads. I'm starting at the tail and working up as it has fewer large beads that would interfere with rolling up the piece.

So progress on a few fronts...onward!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...