Thursday, April 05, 2018

How is it already Thursday?

...I completely missed WIP-it Wednesday! I'll be glad when I can get back to a normal schedule, including a regular blogging schedule.

This second cold has been a bear and has done a number on my brain. Plus I never realized the impact that going to the gym had on my general attitude. Moving my body and burning calories also burns out some of the stress. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks and I missed 3 yoga classes during that time.Now that the horrible cough is subsiding, I hope to get back to the gym next week.

Speaking of the blog, I was getting tired of the blog template. I backed it up and I'm auditioning some alternatives. I sort of like the current one, but the image on the featured post is too blurry because the template's image size is larger than the original. And the picture-less posts look a bit forlorn in the block layout. So here's an obligatory photo so this post doesn't look forlorn (wisteria in our backyard).

Wisteria

I'll be playing around with other templates until I settle on one I like. Who knows? I could go back to the original one if I can't find one I truly like!

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Christmas 9-patch Pillow (cross stitch)
    50% done on row 3, square 1.
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    Finished beading the lower part of the design, except for the Mill Hill Treasures. Started beading the top half of the design, with the green beads on hold until my order arrives.
  • Mirabel handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
    Finished the 13th and 14th cop and transferred them to a temporary spindle; 90% into cop #15, with one more cop to go after that.
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
  3. Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry
  4. Finishing work (Shepherd's Bush Christmas ornament.)
  5. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  7. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  8. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...