Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tour de Fleece Days 13-17...

...and my vacation is over. Sigh.

I went back to work yesterday, which means my spinning time is reduced again.

Tour de Fleece Day 13

I spun Beachcomber [Ravelry].

Beachcomber handspun

and the close up:

Beachcomber handspun, close up


Specs:
Started and finished 7/19/18
Falkland (4.1 oz) from The Yarn Wench
Skein 1: 27.9 yds, coreless core-spun, Bulky
Skein 2: 50.25 yds thread-plied with Sulky Blendable 12wt thread in Sun and Sea, Bulky

Tour de Fleece Day 14

I wanted to spin something fun, so I spun Frida [Ravelry] and plied it with a funky yarn from Crystal Palace.

Frida handspun

and the close up:

Frida handspun, close up


Specs:
Started and finished 7/20/18
Falkland (4.4 oz) from The Yarn Wench
Skein 1: 72.6 yds, 2 ply Frida and 1ply Little Flowers yarn in Chocolate Almonds, Bulky
Skein 2: 29.8 yds 2-ply, 7 WPI

Tour de Fleece Day 15

I used this as my rest day (instead of Monday 7/23). I took a field trip to the California State Fair with some of the members of our spinning team. Our team, Spinnity Spinners, placed 2nd in Division 165: Other Fiber Art, Class 4: Any Other Fiber Art!

7 team members spun the same Lisa Souza merino-silk in the Mirabel colorway, each spun in a different way and then we created a small sample using our handspun. We called our entry “Variations on a Theme.” My contribution is on the bottom row, 2nd from the right.

California State Fair 2018 entry


Tour de Fleece Day 16

I started spinning Black Cherry [Ravelry], a merino-silk top (3.8 oz) from The Yarn Wench.

Black Cherry handspun, in progress


Tour de Fleece Day 17

I continued spinning Black Cherry [Ravelry]. No photo as it doesn't look substantially different than the day before!
.

No comments:

Catching Up on Thursday...

 ...totally spaced on posting yesterday.   I've been involved in reorganizing my fabric. The cats decided it's fun to pull my ...