Wednesday, August 08, 2018

WIP-it Wednesday...

...sorry, no photos today. I had a choice to make this morning: take a photo or go to Trader Joe's to buy coffee. Coffee won!

I'd hope to report work on some of the longstanding WIPs in rotation, but the only things that got any play this week are the quilt and the Charred Teal Shawl.  I actually worked on the shawl twice this week. It was my car project to Half Moon Bay and my Craft Coffee project on Monday.

The quilt is coming along. I sewed the sashing on the computer-printed squares. I also added a square with Flying Dumbo to represent Disneyland and one with alpacas (and maybe llamas) to represent spinning. I wanted to add a square for either Art Deco or Frank Lloyd Wright because I love both styles. Until yesterday, I hadn't found anything I truly loved for either style (or didn't cost too much to cut up). I finally found a cotton dinner napkin printed with a FLW design - score! It's on its way!

I don't know whether I'll add any more squares beyond what I have now. Who knows?  Some other idea may surface while I'm finishing up the appliqués that are on some of the blocks.


WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:

  • Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
    Still working on the appliqué pop-outs for the squares.
  • Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Still working on contrast color #4.
Queued
  • Renaissance Mermaid (cross stitch)
    Kitted and ready to start
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Finishing work (Shepherd's Bush Christmas ornament.)
  3. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  5. St. Charles (needlepoint) 
  6. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...