WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...and the quilting continues!

I am still machine-quilting La Cat-trina. I'm using regular thread for this one after struggling with invisible thread on the Herding Cats quilt. However, invisible thread is a little more forgiving. I'm still learning my Bernina sewing machine and have discovered that sometimes I get an extra stitch when I step off the pedal and the quilt does not turn as smoothly as I'm used to on the Pfaff, even with the dual feed engaged. 

La Cat-trina quilt, in progress

I started working on a design for a double-size bedspread. The bedspread in The Husband's room wore out and we needed a new one. The problem is that we dislike most of the pre-made bedspreads that are available or they are too long even in the "right" size. I found a panel with a waterfall in colors that we liked. Since The Husband likes to hike and be out in nature, we decided to build a bedspread around the panel. I finished laying it out on paper. Next I need to decide which fabrics to use where. Once I finish with La Cat-trina, I can start on the bedspread.

WIPs Roll Call
Worked On:

  1. Herding Cats (quilting)
    Still burying threads. 
  2. La Cat-trina quilt (quilting)
    Working on quilting the flower motifs; machine-quilted the flower border
  3. Morgana (cross stitch)
    Started beading in the hair.
  4. Starwoman (cross stitch)
    Working on upper border motifs.

No Work This Week:

  1. California Red Poppy Handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]  
  2. Gypsy Rose Lee Handspun (spinning) [Ravelry
  3. Illusion Cube Blanket (knitting) [Ravelry]  
  4. My Recipes (cooking) 
  5. Room Divider/quilt wall.
  6. Studio 
  7. Website (other) 

Queued for Starting

  1. Moon Lets Sun Shine (or Luna y Sol) quilt (quilting)
  2. Summer Typography (cross stitch) 

Ready for Finishing:

  1. Finishing work for some old crewel pictures (sewing)
  2. August 1997 Hat-of-the-Month (cross stitch)
  3. Bring Us Good Cheer
  4. CATrina (cross stitch) 
  5. Cherub Garden (cross stitch) 
  6. Collector's Heart 2026 (cross stitch) 
  7. Ewe Can Build a Snowman pincushion (cross stitch) 
  8. Happy Pumpkin needleroll (cross stitch)
  9. Horrified! mini (cross stitch) 
  10. Making Spirits Bright (cross stitch)
  11. Peaceful Night (cross stitch)
  12. Primrose Path (cross stitch) 
  13. Sea Dandelion (cross stitch)
  14. Star (cross stitch) 
  15. Stay Warm (cross stitch) 

UFOs/Hibernation:

  1. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  2. Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
  3. Ocean Ripples Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry
  4. Sky Lanterns Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogiversary Contest...

October 2007 recap...

Happy 10th Blogiversary to me...