WIP-it Wednesday...

...Happy Mexican Independence Day! ¡Viva Mexico!

I've been craving oatmeal cookies, not the soft cookies that bakeries and grocery store sell, but the crisp ones we used to bake at home. This morning, I baked a batch using our recipe from the 60s. They are yummy!

Oatmeal cookies

I finished all of the back stitching on Morgana. I wasn't happy how the Kreinik braid back-stitching looked around the mermaid, but I powered through to get it done. It me longer than usual to finish the back-stitching. Ugh!

Morgana, as of 9/16/2026

Next is the beading. I'm going to do more quilting first.

WIPs Roll Call
Worked On:

  1. Herding Cats (quilting)
    Burying threads. 
  2. La Cat-trina quilt (quilting)
    Started quilting the motifs.
  3. Morgana (cross stitch)
    Back-stitching done. Pressed the iece and it's ready for beading.
  4. Starwoman (cross stitch)
    Working on the hair. 

No Work This Week:

  1. California Red Poppy Handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]  
  2. Gypsy Rose Lee Handspun (spinning) [Ravelry
  3. Illusion Cube Blanket (knitting) [Ravelry]  
  4. My Recipes (cooking) 
  5. Room Divider/quilt wall.
  6. Studio 
  7. Website (other) 

Queued for Starting

  1. Moon Lets Sun Shine (or Luna y Sol) quilt (quilting)
  2. Summer Typography (cross stitch) 

Ready for Finishing:

  1. Finishing work for some old crewel pictures (sewing)
  2. August 1997 Hat-of-the-Month (cross stitch)
  3. Bring Us Good Cheer
  4. CATrina (cross stitch) 
  5. Cherub Garden (cross stitch) 
  6. Collector's Heart 2026 (cross stitch) 
  7. Ewe Can Build a Snowman pincushion (cross stitch) 
  8. Happy Pumpkin needleroll (cross stitch)
  9. Horrified! mini (cross stitch) 
  10. Making Spirits Bright (cross stitch)
  11. Peaceful Night (cross stitch)
  12. Primrose Path (cross stitch) 
  13. Sea Dandelion (cross stitch)
  14. Star (cross stitch) 
  15. Stay Warm (cross stitch) 

UFOs/Hibernation:

  1. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  2. Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
  3. Ocean Ripples Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry
  4. Sky Lanterns Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogiversary Contest...

October 2007 recap...

Happy 10th Blogiversary to me...